05/01/17 Uncategorized

Meet Sparkcell Co-Founder Mark Budgell

BusinessCollective recently profiled our very own Mark Budgell. He imparted many wise, wise insights including the importance of wearing “expressive socks.”

Read all about it here.

 

businesscollective

 

no responses
05/01/17 Uncategorized

Introducing Jiawei Zhao!

We’re growing again! We’re super excited that Jiawei Zhao has joined our team in San Diego. To help you get to know him a bit better, here is a totally irrelevant Q&A we asked him to complete.

jiawei

What do you do to get each day started off on the right foot?

I always think and list things to be done for the day and maybe next few days. Then I make plans to finish them according to their priority.

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

Driving 800 miles from Moab, UT to San Diego, CA in 12 hours.

What motivates you?

Interests, responsibility, opportunities, career development, money, interpersonal communication, learning.

What’s your best-kept beauty secret?

Drinking plenty of water.

Who would you most like to meet and why?

Elon Musk. Because he is always leading technology advancement, from Tesla Motors, SolarCity, to SpaceX. Electric vehicles, solar energy, and reusable rockets will play important roles in the future.

Where did you go to school?

I went to schools in San Diego (UCSD), Hong Kong, and China.

Who’s your favorite superstar?

Michael Schumacher, a seven-time Formula One World Champion. He is smart and always has the thirst to champion.

When does 99+1 = 60?

  1. Things need to be done perfectly. If one only finishes 99% of his/her tasks correctly but fails to finish the rest 1% correctly, he/she fails to pass. However, when he/she can do the rest 1% correctly, he/she can pass (Assuming 60 is the score to pass).
  2. There are 60 seconds in a minute and 60 minutes in an hour. We can say 99%+1%=100%=60.
  3. Edison said Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. However, 99% inspiration and 1% perspiration result in a normal people (60 points).

What excites you most about working at Sparkcell?

Working at Sparkcell allows me to communicate with various people through various channels. I enjoy working with people and in teams to make things done. Moreover, I can continue to learn and keep improving, which is really valuable.

no responses
How to Take Advantage of Facebook’s Newsfeed Update
29/06/16 Uncategorized

How to Take Advantage of Facebook’s Newsfeed Update

Proponents of Word of Mouth Marketing, or WoM as the cool kids say, just received a big boost from Facebook.

If you missed it, Facebook announced that the newsfeed is changing again. This time, posts from friends and family will be given priority in the newsfeed.

“We’ve heard from our community that people are still worried about missing important updates from the friends they care about. For people with many connections this is particularly important, as there are a lot of stories for them to see each day. So we are updating News Feed over the coming weeks so that the things posted by the friends you care about are higher up in your News Feed.”

Since the news broke this morning, social media marketers around the world have been channeling the Double Rainbow Man: But what does it mean?

Here are some of our initial suggestions on how to take advantage of the changes. Many of them are basic WoM tactics:

Ask People to Share: Pretty straightforward. Ask fans to share priority posts. Just make sure not to overdo it.

Find Super Fans: Influencers have been all the rage lately, and that probably won’t change. But there’s a big incentive now to develop programs for fans or super fans or ambassadors, whatever you call them, that help your brand reach people through their personal pages.

Re-Prioritize Influencers: Influencers who consistently engage followers on Facebook should be moved to the top of your influencer list. Bonus points if they re-post on their personal pages.

More UGC: Ask, or incent, your core audience to create and share content about your brand. It means a little less control over your messaging and branding, but it’s worth it.

Make it Share-Worthy: This isn’t new, but is true now more than ever. Challenge your teams to find creative ways to capture the interest of your audience. This probably means leveraging humor and testing more creative media types.

Shift Your Spend: Most brands have already shifted away from spending ad dollars on “Page Like” programs, and now there’s even more reason to put that budget to work to ensure your content reaches the right people.

On a side note, we don’t recommend giving up on community building altogether.

Happy Facebooking!

no responses